Howdy Yall

mzingali

Greetings All! I'm so glad I came across Marc's podcasts on youtube. I'm a very interested beginner in woodworking..actually still looking at obtaining the necessary tools. I'd like to get an idea of what most of you are using in general. At the moment, all I really have for space is an area the size of a one car garage. I am hoping within a year to be moving to a larger home, hopefully with a shop on the side.

I do know how to perform some cuts but other more 'advanced' cuts are still unknown to me. With this said, please excuse me in advance if I ask what seems to be an obvious or elementary question.

Other than that, I can't wait to read all of your posts and see your posted pics.

Mike

Don't be afraid to ask any questions there Mike. The only stupid question is the one not asked. ;) You'll find a good group here that are more than happy to share. Welcome!

As far as what I'm using? Are ya looking for tool purchase advise?

Don't be afraid to ask any questions there Mike. The only stupid question is the one not asked. ;) You'll find a good group here that are more than happy to share. Welcome!

As far as what I'm using? Are ya looking for tool purchase advise?

I'm currently looking at Marc's videos on shop evolution. Would like advise on which tools to get. Just looking for tools for woodworking as a hobby..not for commercial use. At the same time, I don't want to spend money on a cheap tool that will break after a few uses. I'd rather get advise from current woodworkers before I shell out the $$.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Welcome Mike,

The site is a great place to ask questions about anything to do with woodworking. There are people here at all levels of expierence, skill and knowledge. (Those are different, really) Most of the regulars are articulate when answering questions, and can be relied on for good answers. Again, welcome.