New Ridgid Table Saw?????

Nick2cd

Hey Nick! I bought one last spring and would say that, for the money, I think its a great saw. I love the granite. It takes a lot of setup but once I did that performs well. Like many of my tools, I wish I had spent more and gotten a Saw Stop, Jet or Powermatic but that's a whole different ballgame isn't it! LOL The Ridgid is nice cause it is easy to move around relatively accurate, runs on 110 and has a riving knife. The down side is the fit and finsh is not the best and the blade guard sucks. I don't like working with the guard on the table so I fashioned a riving knife out of aluminum which, although its a little flimsy, works fine. I might have one fashioned out of stainless later. Next I am going to add a out-feed table which I think is essential. Like I said before, it's a great saw for the dough! Good luck, Tom

He is not asking about the granite version but ridgiest new table swathe r4512

I saw one of these saws at HD this past weekend. I had not seen one of these in a store for over a year. But this is a different saw. From a distance, it looks the same ... but ... once up-close, it is not. The granite is gone. It is now cast iron on the main table ... with stamped steel wings. The mechanism for jacking it up on wheels also looks different. I would probably say that this saw, while similar, comes from a different manufacturer. It was priced at $499.

I saw one of these saws at HD this past weekend. I had not seen one of these in a store for over a year. But this is a different saw. From a distance, it looks the same ... but ... once up-close, it is not. The granite is gone. It is now cast iron on the main table ... with stamped steel wings. The mechanism for jacking it up on wheels also looks different. I would probably say that this saw, while similar, comes from a different manufacturer. It was priced at $499.

Correct...the granite top R4511 made by Steel City/Orion is discontinued and has been recently replaced by the cast iron top R4512 by Dayton (same as the Craftsman 21833....steel wings, table mounted trunnions, aluminum fence. However, Steel City now offers a 35990C, which appears to be the same as the former R4511 but with a cast iron top option...still sports the cabinet mounted trunnions and steel fence. ($600 shipped from Amazon).

SC 35990C:

41BCtdWZ1%2BL.jpg