Festool Dust Collector Question

iSawitFirst

I'm looking at buying a combo package with the Domino and dust collector and wondered what your thoughts are regarding the CT Mini and CT Midi? The Domino will be my first Festool product and If I get anything else it will be their router. I have a central DC system already. Which size CT do you recommend? Is it practical to use my central DC or shop vac with the Domino? Connection problems?

Thanks in advance!

I am kind of curious about the same thing. I do have a cyclone and I love it. Works great for big tools. But I was thinking about getting one at some point for the router and the RO sander. I personally like everything bigger and better, but I am not sure if I really need the big one. I have the Ridgid monster shop vac and it works great for the floors and general cleanup, but not so well on the tools.

When I bought my Domino I bought the Mini. It worked fine for that application. I later bought a Festool sander and a TS 55 and found the hose got in my way. It was always hanging up on the edge of my workbench. I noticed that Marc had a CT Boom Arm and bought one - only to find out it didn't fit the Mini. I sold the Mini and bought the Midi. Problem solved. The hose now hangs down and doesn't hang up on anything. Just some food for thought. Either unit is excellent.

The Domino and CT22 were my first Festool purchases also. I bought the CT22 over the smaller units because they come equipped with HEPA filters and the ability to add the boom arm. The CT22 and CT33 have been replaced with the CT26 and CT36. You may be able to find some dealers with the older units. Good luck!

Joe

I'm looking at buying a combo package with the Domino and dust collector and wondered what your thoughts are regarding the CT Mini and CT Midi? The Domino will be my first Festool product and If I get anything else it will be their router. I have a central DC system already. Which size CT do you recommend? Is it practical to use my central DC or shop vac with the Domino? Connection problems?

Thanks in advance!

I got the Ct 33 with my domino and went on to use it with sanders both Bosch and Festool etc. I love it, for sanding it is amazing, I was able to sand moulding and trim in my livingroom with NO air borne dust.I have to say though when faced with a purchase I usually go with the bigger item as i assume I'll grow into it.

I'd go with Keggers recommendation and look for a discontinued and discounted CT-22. Some dealers have them still. My local Woodcraft has a CT-33 out on the clearance aisle; I think the discount is 25%, but could be wrong. Festool guarantees all parts will be available for 7 years minimum after a product is discontinued so that's good, too.

I needed another vac for other reasons and considered the mini/midi and after looking at the specs, size, etc, the CT-22 was still much better.

If you go for a CT-22/33, you'll get the clearance price, but won't get the typical additional 10% off when buying a tool and vac together. That said, if you have the funds for the vac now but not quite the Domino, a CT-22/33 now won't end up costing you more than if you bought them together.

The boom arm rocks, btw. (it's a slippery slope)