Hello from Melrose MN

Devin M

Hi, my name is Devin and I am 17 years old. I have been woodworking since I was about 5 or 6. I started off with bird houses and bird feeders. Then when I was 10 my parents got me a scroll saw for X-Mas. that is what realy got the ball rolling for me. I used that craftsman scroll saw so much that in 4 years I wore it out. So I upgraded and bought a Excalabur EX-21. It is like the Powermatic of scroll saws. About two years ago I found the Wood Whisperer Podcast it has been a huge influence on me I learnd a lot from watching the show. Then I was 16 I bought my first table saw. Now I make a lot of game boards called Carbles I have sold over a 110 so far. and now I am starting to make fine furniture for people.

Impressive, Devin! Post some pictures of this Carbles game... is it a game you created or are you making nicer boards for an existing game?

Show off some of your scroll work; just post some pics in the gallery.

Anyway, welcome!

The game is some is a game that I have sort of created. A family friend ours had it and I made it better. It is a spin-off of the game Sorry. You use cards and marbles to get around the board.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, my name is Devin and I am 17 years old. I have been woodworking since I was about 5 or 6. I started off with bird houses and bird feeders. Then when I was 10 my parents got me a scroll saw for X-Mas. that is what realy got the ball rolling for me. I used that craftsman scroll saw so much that in 4 years I wore it out. So I upgraded and bought a Excalabur EX-21. It is like the Powermatic of scroll saws. About two years ago I found the Wood Whisperer Podcast it has been a huge influence on me I learnd a lot from watching the show. Then I was 16 I bought my first table saw. Now I make a lot of game boards called Carbles I have sold over a 110 so far. and now I am starting to make fine furniture for people.