Need some opinions

chino

Someone in my area has a Minimax FS31 12" Planer/Jointer for sell. Looks to be in great condition he bought it new about 10 years ago, I'm going to take a look at it later this week. He is currently asking $2400 for it, looking to see if you guys think its worth that. I plan to offer less but just want to get a more public opinion.

Used equipment can be a very good deal. I just checked and the equivalent new machine is $4600. I'd check it out. If he's a production shop, it may be very well used. But, take some lumber and put it through it's paces. Convert it from planer to jointer and back. See what you think. Price wise, I don't think that's too bad, if space is a constraint.

• Like 1

I can't speak to the Minimax specifically but I have a Jet JJP-12HH and it has been a great add to my shop. Due to its small foot print (in my small shop)it has been a perfect fit, allowing me a 12" jointer and planer. Minimax has an excellent reputation so if it is in good shape I would say it is worth it.