Rockler Customer Service

JohnnyNoName

Today I finally got around to installing the Bench Dog Tools Pro-max cast-iron extension wing router table (whew that's a lot of words) onto my Dewalt hybrid saw. Once I finally got to the point of leveling it with the tablesaw, it just wouldn't go. I could get the ends flush, but the middle of the extension wing just wouldn't sit flush with the table top. I dropped a straightedge on it, and wouldn't you know it, it has a crown in it. Ugh.

I call up Bench Dog technical support, and they say it is rare, but sometimes they do warp. I was told to call up where I bought it for a replacement. I look through my records (I'm glad I saved the receipt), and I bought it from Rockler. The problem is I bought it from them in February of '09. Gulp! I thought I was in trouble.

I bought it when Rockler was having a 20% off one item sale. This router table was something that I wanted. I didn't have a router table yet, and I was going to get one eventually. I didn't realize how long it had been since I bought it. Anyway, customer service at Rockler looked up the transaction. They said that they didn't even carry that table anymore. They carry a newer one. The customer service rep talked to technical support. After waiting on hold for about 15 minutes, she said that they normally only cover things for one year, but they were going to send me a new one, and cover the postage for the one I have now.

AWESOME!

Of course it sucks that the top was warped, but I thought I was hosed, and I'd have to live with a tablesaw top that wasn't flat. Luckily, thanks to the awesome people at Rockler, I won't have to.

Jonathan

========================================

That's the type of business philosophy that keeps customers coming back. I had a similar experience with Grizzly Industrial. I bought all the equipment for my new shop during their annual big sale. I had to store the crates on my carport because my shop wasn't built yet. It took three months before I could move my equipment into my shop. So, of course, something breaks after the 12 month warranty period, but I'd only been using the equipment for approximately 9 months. I called them up, explained the situation, and they repaired my jointer at no charge. Isn't it wonderful doing business with companies that actually know HOW to conduct business? In my book - it's all about customer service.

before my local Rockler became my non-local Rockler, that's how the service was. Now that the store was sold from company to franchisee, I have not been able to get to them. Mostly because their phone skills and internet savvy do not include clear and concise directions on how to get to them to experience their customer service skills.

But I have to agree that Rockler's Customer Service was one of the biggest reasons I decided to learn more about woodworking. They made it seem ridiculously easy.