Guesss who is getting his first dovetail Saw and Glen Drake Tite Maker?

Bobby Slack

It was a trade of presents with my sister. She wanted a gift and offered money and instead of money I asked for the saw. I thought making a trade was better than money. We both will have something to remember.

I have no Leigh jig ... but I have the Omni-jig ... I really do.

I think there is room for both applications, as I embrace both the Normite and Neanderthal culture :lol:

Sounds like a present! wahoo! Those are the best... just hopefully it isn't from the wife as a precursor to asking you to make a bedroom set of dovetailed drawers :)

Post about how you like the saw... and which it is. And how the heck do you use that saw with a Leigh D4R jig anyway?!

Hey Paul ... I n-e-v-e-r used a hand saw. We shall see how tough it gets.

Sounds like a present! wahoo! Those are the best... just hopefully it isn't from the wife as a precursor to asking you to make a bedroom set of dovetailed drawers :)

Post about how you like the saw... and which it is. And how the heck do you use that saw with a Leigh D4R jig anyway?!

Nate.

I am the worse guy to review this saw. This will be my first saw and ... I never did a dovetail by hand. I have nothing to compare this with. Matt Vanderlist, Shannon Rogers, Wilbur Pan (Japanese style), Rob Rozaieski ... and others.

Having said that, I will try to document my first disaster dovetail joint but there are really good guys on this forum.

There are less expensive saws but I am a very loyal customer and like building alliances with suppliers.

Please let me know how you like the saw, I am going to be seriously looking after the holidays. Hope you have fun cuttin :D

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

So far, the saw worked great, went through 1" thick cypress that I had left over. The problem was in my layout because I noticed that did not carry the lines over the edge of the end grain. Tomorrow will grab more pieces from my junk pile.

I don't even have like a protractor and will make me a piece of wood with the right angle and a "lip" to hang it over the edge.

Anyway, I was really afraid ... yes ... AFRAID of using the hand saw and finding it too hard, it was easy. Chopping away with the chisels was also easy enough.

I love it.

So far, the saw worked great, went through 1" thick cypress that I had left over. The problem was in my layout because I noticed that did not carry the lines over the edge of the end grain. Tomorrow will grab more pieces from my junk pile.

I don't even have like a protractor and will make me a piece of wood with the right angle and a "lip" to hang it over the edge.

Anyway, I was really afraid ... yes ... AFRAID of using the hand saw and finding it too hard, it was easy. Chopping away with the chisels was also easy enough.

I love it.

Bobby,

Glad things are working out for you on the dark side. Happy sawing.