want to upgrade my ts fence

gardnesd

I added an aftermarket fence to my old Craftsman. I had to drill a few holes but it fit. I then added an extension built out of MDF for a router table and an auxiliary fence with dust collection. It works fine. The router extension and fence were based on plan that I found in a magazine but I forget which one.

I looked at doing this with my old craftsman when I had it. You would either need to drill holes in the cast iron top or in the rail of the fence system. I know there is an "instructables" website that goes through the process. I didn't have to worry about it because I ended up upgrading my entire saw to a used delta that came with a biesemeyer fence system on it.

About 5 years ago I put a Delta Unifence on my old craftsman contractors saw. I built the extension table, but other than that it went on easily. I didn't even have to drill new holes. BTW, I sold the entire thing a two years later and bought a STOPSAW. On that I had to add holes, but a new unifence is on there now working like a champ. I tried to attach a picture of my old Craftsman TS with a Delta Unifence, but I'm an new guy here and not sure how to do it.