Glazing

gardnesd

I know it's blasphemous but my wife wanted antique white cabinets in the new kitchen...sigh. We did that with Diamond. Now I'm going to build some bookshelves around the corner from the kitchen. She is not demanding they match perfectly but I would like to try. The kitchen cabs are antique white with a glaze. Do hobby woodworkers do glazing? Has anyone done it? Need the info.

I know it's blasphemous but my wife wanted antique white cabinets in the new kitchen...sigh. We did that with Diamond. Now I'm going to build some bookshelves around the corner from the kitchen. She is not demanding they match perfectly but I would like to try. The kitchen cabs are antique white with a glaze. Do hobby woodworkers do glazing? Has anyone done it? Need the info.

I have done a little bit of glazing in the past. Its actually fairly simple depending on the look you are going for. The few times I did it, the customer wanted that look where the finish is a little smokey with more color wedged into the corners and ridges. A very simple process: paint on then wipe off. Only trick is to not wipe EVERYTHING off. I just wipe lightly allowing the glaze to stay in the crevices. Once dry, I just gave it another coat or two of lacquer and it was good to go.