Contractor saw dust collection

bleedinblue

All put together and tuned up to the best of my ability.  If my dial indicator and jig was accurate, the blade is within a half a thousandth (5 ten thousandths?) and the fence about a thousandth and a half.  The trunion adjustment was MUCH easier than I expected.  It was about 15 thous. off out of the box, and 5 minutes took care of that.

My biggest complaint is the cord...it's what, 6 feet long?  It looks like I'll have to get some cord and replace the factory cord with something appropriately long.  No big deal, but annoying.

I hate the mobile base.  Two of the castors are fixed and have to be oriented in the direction you "expect" to move the saw.  That is more or an annoyance than I expected.

The saws finish is mostly OK.  The powder coating on the fence and fence rails is a bit thin in a few places.  Worse than that though, the extension wings are beveled on front and back, and the main table is only beveled in the front.  I don't see why they'd do that.  Minor cosmetic thing though, that I'll forget about shortly.

The first time I turned the power on I had a heart attack, the drive belt had slipped off and I didn't realize it at first.  Another simple fix once I realized the problem.

I'm ready to start re-making some sleds now, whenever I might get back to the basement.

IMAG0606.jpg

IMAG0605.jpg

• Like 2