Bandsaw - good deal?

jussi

It's an Agazzani (sp?) 18".  No other details besides that. Will check out this weekend. Ive of the brand but don't know too much about them. I believe their on par with Laguna or even a little better?  He's currently asking $1150.  Wacha think?

image.jpeg

I think you spelled it right. Laguna is made by ACM, which is another Italian manufacturer. You can find a lot more info at sawmill creek on the different Italian makers, but agazzini is held in high regard just like the other Italians. That one looks old though, like late 80s or 90s. A few questions I would ask; what's the motor and what's the resaw capacity? Everything that's like 2004 and newer matches the resaw to the wheel diameter. If that saw has an 18" resaw capacity versus an older standard 12ish" resaw capacity, then that affects its value. Same for motor size. The older saws had less power. 

For example, the 2003 mm16 has a 12.5" resaw capacity and 3.6hp motor. The 2005 and on mm16s have 16" resaw and 4.8hp motor. Guys will pay a lot more for the newest generation mm series.