molding in sketchup

Jim_

Hey there Jim. There isn't a plugin for crown molding that I know of, but it's easy enough to make your own. Here are the steps you would take:

1. Draw the cross section of your profile on a flat plane.

2. For a single "stick", use the push/pull tool to give it a length. Or for a mitered crown, you can use the "follow-me" tool to wrap the profile around the top of a case or follow any other path.

But there is also an easy way out! :D There are a lot of different crown moldings already available in the 3D warehouse. Check out this link for example.

Hey there Jim. There isn't a plugin for crown molding that I know of, but it's easy enough to make your own. Here are the steps you would take:

1. Draw the cross section of your profile on a flat plane.

2. For a single "stick", use the push/pull tool to give it a length. Or for a mitered crown, you can use the "follow-me" tool to wrap the profile around the top of a case or follow any other path.

But there is also an easy way out! :D There are a lot of different crown moldings already available in the 3D warehouse. Check out this link for example.

Jim, I create mouldings by copying the image from the catalog as the basis for step #1 above. As an example, if I need to duplicate a wm45 crown I can select and copy the image from the standard mouldings and millwork pdf catalog, import the profile image into sketchup, re-size the image to match the real dimensions, and then just use the line and arc tools to run along the outside of the image. Once you have the outline of the moulding profile, you can push/pull to the length you need.

• 7 months later...

You can download profiles from Radiuswoodguy.com http://www.radiuswoo...m/?section=home radiuswoodguy goggle3d warehouse http://sketchup.goog...earch&scoring=a You can edit under any knife that is also part of the deal. Have a lot more profiles to Post hope to add more soon. We do a lot of curved crown kinda known for lamination book matched ,"lots of crown profiles"