Cheap crap or anything worth while?

Wocket

I have a confession to make. I still buy Craftsman hand tools - wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, socket sets, etc. Been using them for well over 40 years and they've never failed me. Actually, I rarely buy them because I'm using the ones I bought 20 years and more ago. 

Probably made by Wen - LOL. 

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

I don't know that the quality is still there.  I have some that are 20+ years old and they have held up (albeit to typical homeowner use).  I have a set that is about 8 years old and the ratchets don't work so great anymore.  

May be true.  I haven't bought anything new in years except a wrench to fill in a hole where one of mine mysteriously disappeared, i.e. one of my sons borrowed it and lost it.  Arrggghhhh.

I also have Craftsman mechanic's tools that I bought about 15 years ago.  They're all made in USA and have a lifetime warranty.  The only time I had to use the warranty is when I was misusing the needlenose pliers and broke off a tip...not even their fault but they gave me a new pair without flinching.  They've been great tools for me.

Of course I'm not a mechanic, and if I were I would probably find faults in them and buy better tools.  But I'm ignorant in that department and happy in my ignorance.

• Like 2