Easterly & Co. 26" wooden plane help

Griff

Hey guys, 

I recently purchased this big wooden hand plane just as a decorative piece for the woodshop. Just curious if anyone has any information on this only markings I have found say Easterly & Co. On the front of the plane I measured it and it's 26" long. I'm not looking to sell it but does anyone know how much this would sell for? Also any information I can gather about it would be very helpful thank you again!

1476926453746-1694920777.jpg

1476926480121-1965058077.jpg

• 3 years later...

I know this is several years after your post but thought I would reply anyway. Your plane is named after the company founder John Easterly born 1822. He had a contract using prisoners at the Auburn prison in New York. (by the way under the E&R in Easterly are the initials N.Y. - I could barely see them but if you wet a cloth and rub it the initials should pop out) Johnonly made planes at Auburn from 1866 to Dec 1867. Howland then took over. Easterly name was thought to be used later by the Auburn Tool Co or Easterly shipped to Auburn under its own name. Nice find. I have a very special Easterly that I need a cutter for. The plane is unique to say the least. Good luck.

Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1