Video tour of my old shop

ChetlovesMer

Seeing Dave's shop has made me absolutely itchy to go out and make sawdust.

However, I am still in the process of setting up my current shop. I've been here since August and I'm still setting things up. To my defense, I did change jobs in October, and I have a 6 month old in the house, so its not like I've had tons of time. (But I admit I miss this old shop.)

But, because Dave shared his beautiful shop. I decided to share what was my previous shop. This shop was great to me and I built some projects in there that I was really proud of. However, I didn't get my sawstop until after the shop was built, so you won't see it in the video. Also, you might notice a lack of quality shop furniture. It seems I never have time to invest in my stuff. I'm always building stuff for others.

Anyhow, I'll stop babbling.

If you copy this into your browser, you should go to the YouTube video of my previous shop:

I hope to do another video like this of my current shop. But right now its in a state that would just be embarrassing ... especially after Dave has set the bar so high.

There is a special link to do this.

Embling is what it is called if i remember correctly?

Edit:

What is the size of the shop? Turned out great! Is that a french cleat system on the wall?

Yep that's a French Cleat System. Worked out great. Not sure from where I stole that idea.

The inside dimension of the shop is 20'x20'. I designed the building to be easy to drywall. The interior walls were just over 10', 4' foot from each window to the wall, 4' between the windows. So, I hung my drywall verticle and got the whole thing done quickly. It was also done on a very tight budget.

I guess I should have called it a pictoral tour, it's not truly video. Sorry about that.

Seeing Dave's shop has made me absolutely itchy to go out and make sawdust.

However, I am still in the process of setting up my current shop. I've been here since August and I'm still setting things up. To my defense, I did change jobs in October, and I have a 6 month old in the house, so its not like I've had tons of time. (But I admit I miss this old shop.)

But, because Dave shared his beautiful shop. I decided to share what was my previous shop. This shop was great to me and I built some projects in there that I was really proud of. However, I didn't get my sawstop until after the shop was built, so you won't see it in the video. Also, you might notice a lack of quality shop furniture. It seems I never have time to invest in my stuff. I'm always building stuff for others.

Anyhow, I'll stop babbling.

If you copy this into your browser, you should go to the YouTube video of my previous shop:

I hope to do another video like this of my current shop. But right now its in a state that would just be embarrassing ... especially after Dave has set the bar so high.

Brother,

I am so happy I inspired you to post this. I had an absolute blast watching the video and it made me wish I would have taken pictures during my construction process. It was so obvious the amount of fun you had doing it, so I can just imagine your new shop. What do you like to build?

I have got to go out and make a video, man you just might have started something. Lets see some more stuff guys!!!

Dave

Nice shop. Also, kudos on the Rusted Root. Used to listen to them all the time. Not a band you hear all the time. But it looks like a great space.

Thanks for the comment. Don't want to get off topic, but I saw Rusted Root live in Chicago back in '98. Great live band. I still listen to them in the shop. Although lately in the shop I've been listening to the NFL play-offs on the radio. I could never have a tv in my shop.... I like having 5 fingers on each hand too much for that.

Thanks for the comment. Don't want to get off topic, but I saw Rusted Root live in Chicago back in '98. Great live band. I still listen to them in the shop. Although lately in the shop I've been listening to the NFL play-offs on the radio. I could never have a tv in my shop.... I like having 5 fingers on each hand too much for that.

I saw them in Milwaukee in '97. Good show.. back on topic...