Twix Ruler/Combination Square

OldSouthWoodCraft

Anyone familiar with a "Twix" brand ruler or combination square? Found this is in an old junker tool box and thought I would bring it back to life. However I've never even heard of this brand before. Possibly it's before my time and has since gone the way of Studebaker, AMC, and Saturn .

a1ea170e0ee9fd2fde6e3094362c6b69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is it a left Twix or a right Twix ?      Couldn't resist !

Sorry never heard of them. Maybe it's regional or Canadian ?

Generally I'm a right Twix guy but this is is ambidextrous. Lol.

I know the guy who I bought this from lived most of his life in the Northeast so it could be from up there. I know when I lived in TN everything was made by the Mayes Brothers. It definitely isnt Canadian though because it has a Made in USA stamp on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clean it up an try it out. Not heard of the brand myself but it might be ok.

Test it for square by scribing a line, flipping the square and then scribing another line. If the two lines are parallel you are good to go. If not they can usually be adjusted by filing one of the two nubs inside the heel of the square.

• 1 year later...

Hi OldSouthWoodCrafter,

Your steel rule is old. There was a TWIS rule in my grandfathers tools and he died in 1952. He had been a boiler tender at Denver, CO schools and had a number of old things that came from shop classes sand were stamper with the school name..  I searched this morning and found TWIX also made block planes with great features.  Some of the tools are shown here mixed in with the current twix items.   they also made bevel squares.

https://workingbyhand.wordpress.com/2017/04/16/the-block-planes-of-superheroes-ix-twix/

My rule das a 45 degree angled head but not a 90 degree one.  I am going to take mine down to Charlie's Tools in Denver and see if he has a square head.  He has on old building with a basement and 2nd. floor.  It is full of every tool and then some.

I hope this helps,

nailbender