Cherry

Not sure if this is the right board, if not sorry, but I have a 6' long 1x6 board of cherry with a mixture of light and darker areas and a pretty dramatic grain (I think anyway... first and only board of cherry). I've had it for a year and a part and want to actually do something with it. I was thinking some kind of a box, but I want to hear some other ideas. I'll post a picture later if you want to see it.

Not sure if this is the right board, if not sorry, but I have a 6' long 1x6 board of cherry with a mixture of light and darker areas and a pretty dramatic grain (I think anyway... first and only board of cherry). I've had it for a year and a part and want to actually do something with it. I was thinking some kind of a box, but I want to hear some other ideas. I'll post a picture later if you want to see it.

Another possiblility is to resaw and bookmatch it, then use those panels for the field panels for frame and panel doors, or sides of a cabinet.

Or use them as the top layers of laminated arms on a bow arm morris chair

Or for the drawer faces on a pair of nite stands

or.....

My advice would be to figure out a project, then think about the most visable area of it. That's where you'll want to put that board

Just my opinion....

-gp