Printing to scale (argh!)

molinero

I use SU a great deal in my scenic designs. I typically "build" the entire set one piece at a time, which enables me to visualize construction issues as well as material concerns. The (theoretically) convenient benefit of this is that I should be able to skip a very laborious step in the set design process: the "working drawing". These are nothing more than detailed drawings of how specific pieces are built -- but, normally, one does a working drawing for every item that needs building.

The problem is that, when I try to print working drawings from my set model, I cannot get it to print to scale -- even when I follow Google's instructions to the letter. Thankfully, I'm the one building the set, so it's not the end of the world if my working drawings are not scaled...but it DRIVES ME CRAZY.

Anyone have this problem and/or a solution?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I've always printed things to scale using regular 8.5x11 paper that ends up getting taped together. Tried doing this today and no matter what I do, it will only output the image fit to a single page. Any thoughts? I saw the "Big Image" post but I'm on a mac, so no luck there.

I've always printed things to scale using regular 8.5x11 paper that ends up getting taped together. Tried doing this today and no matter what I do, it will only output the image fit to a single page. Any thoughts? I saw the "Big Image" post but I'm on a mac, so no luck there.

On the "Camera" menu, make sure your camera is set to "Parallel Projection". If you skip this step, you will not be allowed to adjust the scale manually.