Mondays suck....

BuilderBill

Don't start a job on Friday, nothing good ever happens on Monday....

Started out OK, crew was going back to a job they worked on last week up to Saturday. Talked to the customer early this AM and settled in to do year-end stuff to get to the accountant.

Got a call around 9:00 from the crew foreman, turns out somewhere between Sunday PM and this morning someone had found the house and relieved us of $4-5K-worth of tools they had left on site. Not unusual in this area to leave tools, it's remote, job not visible from road, up a really muddy driveway, not a Metro area and we've done the same for years in similar locations. Builder was on the job yesterday with the customer, no sign of theft. All the nailguns, Skilsaws, Sawzalls, Makita cordless drills/drivers, impact wrenches, Makita 16" log saw, 12" SCMS, Bosch SDS drill, cords, hoses and even three toolbelts with hand tools.... Gone With the Wind

I figure it for a lone gunman, left behind was our twin-tank compressor, the builder's gas-powered compressor and his generator. For some reason or other, they also left out a roofing nailer and a couple of Bosch jigsaws. Thankfully, they didn't need four Stabila levels, two of the 10' extension models and two of the 4'.

Police came and took a report but that's about all I expect of them. I spent the rest of the morning getting together enough tools to work with, ran up a couple K in CC charges and looted my basement inventory in the process...

Mondays suck!

Bill

Oh, that sucks. My house/shop got ripped off a while back. They left some expensive stuff and took some cheap stuff, so I guess they only took stuff that they recognized and knew they could fence. It felt like a gut punch - it's not a feeling I ever want to have again.

It left me leery. If I've done things right, you can't figure out my address or real name from anything on the net, and I'll never do a shop tour video. No reason to give the bad guys a treasure map to my shop.

Did you have insurance? This is probably a good time to remind everyone (myself included) to find out what documentation your insurance company will want, and make sure that you have it.

I'm just trying to say that it sucks, and I feel for you.

Here in Australia the thieving bastards have been known to pull up beside a builders truck and disconnect the trailer full of tools and drive off with it, when the poor builder comes back to his truck his trailer and all his tools have gone. Some people should have their gonads removed publicly and shoved up the closest orifice. I feel sorry for you Bill, Moulder from the X Files was right Trust No One.