The Cons and Pros of a Lacquer finish.

ClareA

If this were me, I would take a look at General Finishes Enduro-Var for a table top. Get a quart of each and try it out. Not so sure em6000 takes to kindly to brushing if that''s what you plan to do? Years past, em6000 was more recommended for spraying, a production type finish for items not requiring a lot of protection. Enduro-Var goes on great hand applied. 

-Ace-

In reference to Steve's last post on page 1, before I realized there was another page:

I think moisture cure urethane has every solvent there is in it.  Many floor finishers have died early from liver disease because of it, and there really is a T-shirt.  I used it, but only for one or two applications a year.  I think it's mostly Tolulene, and Xylene, with a little bit of what's left on the floor mixed in.   It dries so fast that you have to race from one pass to the next on a big floor, to keep a wet edge.

I will say though, that every floor I did with it since the mid 1970's is still in use with the finish I put on it.  I have used the satin as a wipe on finish, before I invested in good spray equipment,  by putting leftover in clean soda bottles, putting it on a rag from the mouth of the bottle, and squeezing the air out of the bottle so it wouldn't set up for a few days.   Those cabinets are still in use, and look like the finish was applied yesterday, instead of 25, or so, years ago.

On 7/14/2017 at 3:41 PM, AceHoleInOne said:

If this were me, I would take a look at General Finishes Enduro-Var for a table top. Get a quart of each and try it out. Not so sure em6000 takes to kindly to brushing if that''s what you plan to do? Years past, em6000 was more recommended for spraying, a production type finish for items not requiring a lot of protection. Enduro-Var goes on great hand applied. 

-Ace-

I've heard that Enduro-Var is also one of those 'hard to screw up' finishes. It's on my list to try very soon.