Brace bit sizing above #16

dinkjs

Right now I have brace bits ranging from 4 to 17.....with a #18, 20, and possibly 22 waiting to be won on ebay.......my question/s is....how high do these things go to....I am not including nor want to know about the adjustable ones that move from small to big....just want to discuss the standard brace bits

Also how common are the sizes such as 19 and 21 which I can not find on ebay at this present time?

Another question to discuss....did these ever come in metric form?

Right now I have brace bits ranging from 4 to 17.....with a #18, 20, and possibly 22 waiting to be won on ebay.......my question/s is....how high do these things go to....I am not including nor want to know about the adjustable ones that move from small to big....just want to discuss the standard brace bits

Also how common are the sizes such as 19 and 21 which I can not find on ebay at this present time?

Another question to discuss....did these ever come in metric form?

Well I've got my Grandpa's old set which include Irwin bits #22 and #24 so I think that the larger ones wouldn't be sold as a set just as a single for a certain specific task. I would bet that the sizes used to bore the large holes made for door lock sets could be found.

Good Hunting.

-viall8r-