Miter Gauges???

jab73180

I am looking for a new mitergauge. i think incra really is the only choice. i have it narrowed down to 2 choices due to a lack of money. i am thinking about either the V27 or V120. does anyone have either of these products? is the V120 worth the little extra bit of money? there is a V1000HD on craigslist near me but the guy is out of his mind. he wants $145 bucks for it. i can buy a brand new one for $160. any input would be good.

I am looking for a new mitergauge. i think incra really is the only choice. i have it narrowed down to 2 choices due to a lack of money. i am thinking about either the V27 or V120. does anyone have either of these products? is the V120 worth the little extra bit of money? there is a V1000HD on craigslist near me but the guy is out of his mind. he wants $145 bucks for it. i can buy a brand new one for $160. any input would be good.

You can get the V120 on sale for the same price as the V27. Its only worth the money if you plan on cutting a bunch of weird angles. I have the 120 and I like it but I could just as easily use the 27 and not feel limited. I only got it because it was cheap at Rockler.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of the same models and also the Kreg precision miter. I'm holding out until I get to the woodworking show next month because I want to get a chance to check them out back to back but the Incra has a great rep. I've always had good luck with Kreg on other things so I want to give them a fair shake... I don't think you could go to far wrong with Incra though.

Woodpeckers has the Incra miters on sale right now and the price on the v27 is better then Rockler or Woodcraft as is the V1000 and V1000HD. Doesn't look like they carry the V120.

http://www.woodpeck.com/miterv27.html

-Jim

Big fan of the Kreg Precision. Comparably priced and dead-on. I had one, let it go when I sold my old contractor saw and replaced it with an Incra gauge/fence/sled combination on the new saw. Eventually bought another Kreg and relegated the Incra setup to use in the wooden handplane class I teach at Woodcraft.

Not to throw another choice into the mix, now, BUT...

I love my Accumiter. Very thick and beefy. (Also, the miter gauge of choice for David Marks all throughout the Wood Works series!) Yes, its a little more, but, hey, you only need to buy it once.