heated finish cabinet

jab73180

Yes I live in illinois I heat my shop when I'm out there and shut it off when I'm not I have a cabnet that I put a small 500watt utiltiy closet heater in its three sections of lower kitchen cabnets so its a good size and it works well I put the heater in the end so it only has about 2 inches sticking inside it has a thermasthat that I turn down to 45 it runs verry little when I get a chance I will post a picture. And a side note the 500watt heater is to big its the smallest one I could find so it has to work.

Here in Central Iowa it gets plenty cold at night. My shop is only heated when I'm out there... normally.

I've been intending on building a heated cabinet, but as of right now I keep my finishing stuff (and my glues) in the basement and carry it out to the shop when I'm going to use it. I do have a small tool box that I actually keep my glues and stuff in so that its easier to bring in and out.

i was doing the same thing as chet-but i don't have a basement to put them in and the wife kept wanting me to me them every five minutes so i adapted the cabinet to make my life easer.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Sorry about the spelling on my other post

i was doing that on my phone with fat fingers

pita to edit on there

I saw once where a guy used an old broken refrigerator as a finish cabinet. He put a bigger light in it and the heat from the light and the insulation of the fridge kept everything good.

-Gary

so that answers the question does the light stay on when you close the door of th fridge. LOL