My very own millennial token coffee table

kyokahn

Thanks everyone! 

2 hours ago, Chet said:

Super project.  The top looks great but the base really sets it off.  It is well above anything of this type that I have seen.  I am not a fan of this style top but you got real close to something I would put in my house.  Well done.

Big words, I'm flattered 

45 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Far better than anything I've seen from any millennial build ! Signed & Dated ?

Thank you, not yet. I'm waiting for a block of copper to make a small branding iron add-on for my woodburning pen, if it doesn't work, I'll just use the fine tip and go at it.

25 minutes ago, Coyote Jim said:

Help me out though, what is that sealer you applied before the finish? I'm not familiar with what that is and why one would use it.

That's a 2 part poly "sanding sealer". Its purpose is to build up quickly to flatten a surface, dries in 30m and it's super easy to sand flat while it hasn't cured completely. It also helps the poly top coat's adhesion because it hardens slower. I don't like it for straight grain, unfigured wood, because you want to keep some texture there, but texture would be overwhelming with figure and different patterns so it seemed fitting for this one.

• Like 1