Abel fret saw parts

collinb

Went to a yard sale on Sat. A retired woodworker was getting rid of a lot of stuff. Mostly construction tools but some other good pieces.

I got two fret saws, Abel 130 & 160. The 160 is missing the blocks that hold the blade. Anyone know where a guy can obtain them?

34 minutes ago, Byrdie said:

I only did a quick search but it looks like your best bet would be to find another saw on the net for parts and cannibalize it.  I believe the saw was made in France and I'm not confident the manufacturer is still in business.

I found the same.

At this point I'm thinking of fabricating a set. We have a mill at work that will do the job.

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to get my machinist at work to fabricate a pair. They'll do just fine.

Just one problem remaining: 160mm saw blades. The 130mm (5") for the ABEL-130 are all over the place. But it's hard to find the 160mm blades. Suggestions?

• 1 year later...

I have an Abel-160, but the lower blade clamp is long gone. Can anyone supply one, or can I get one made?

On 6/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, collinb said:

I was able to get my machinist at work to fabricate a pair. They'll do just fine.

Just one problem remaining: 160mm saw blades. The 130mm (5") for the ABEL-130 are all over the place. But it's hard to find the 160mm blades. Suggestions?