My first post about my shop

terrysumner

Hi all... I just posted my intro and in it I said I'd post some photos of my shop so here goes...

I built this 2 story shop a little over 2 years ago pretty much just me and my youngest son. Had some help from other friends and family at various times too. It's 24 X 48 and the ground level is for working on cars and bikes. The second floor is the woodworking shop. I fabricated a hoist system on a trolley to facilitate moving heavy objects to and from the second floor.

Here is a link to my Fotki photo site that has a lot of pictures of the construction of the building and then smaller albums of the car shop and the woodworking shop....

http://public.fotki.com/tsumner/woodworking-1/

And here are a few shots of the woodshop as it looks right now. Still have some sheetrocking to do and I just took the photos in the middle of a project so it's not nice and clean... Hope this first post is not too long...

Terry Sumner

The left side showing the planer, one of the DC's, part of the saw and part of the SCMS station...

102_1152-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Further up the left side showing the almost complete SCMS station and jointer.. Still have to build the drawers for the SCMS station cabs.

102_1153-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The back end showing misc hardware and the wood bench I built.

102_1154-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Starting down the right side from the entrance and the router table I built...

102_1155-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Part of the right side showing the other DC, the dedicated mortiser, and drill press.

102_1156-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

And further down the right side showing the drill press again, the oscillating spindle sander, the band saw and the General lathe...

102_1157-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The Powermatic 66 and outfeed table. Also can see back in the corner a drafting table where I have a laptop and am storing a couple of couches and a TV for my son. The funny looking thing hanging from the ceiling in the upper right of the photo is the trolley system and electric hoist. There are better pictures of that in the main albums in the link above.

102_1158-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki