Restoring Antique China Cabinet

Hi,

This is my first time posting on this, hoping to get some advice as I get into restoring some antiques I bought recently. I have pics and can provide to anyone who would like to see them. I ballpark this piece to be mid-late 1800's.

Several things on this antique china cabinet need to be fixed, and with all the info I have seen I am more confused now then when I started as to how to best go about this.

1. There is a panel on the left side that has pulled out slightly, and is cracked about 6" form the top of the panel to a small window in it. The window has come out and it looks like the former owner tried to glue it in. I took it out as you could see the glue and it wasn't secure.

2. There is a piece of scrollwork that goes across the top that has been broken and obviously glued back together. Is there a way to hide this glue line?

3. THere is a piece missing from another piece of scrollwork that goes across the middle, basically its a piece about 2" long on the right side, has a matching piece on the left as well that is intact.

The pics make more sense out of all this and I can email them to anyone willing to point me in the right direction. I have access to almost any tool, and can purchase any supplies or additional items needed. I do have woodworking experience, basic. I have gone through more than a couple books but it just seems most advice is so general and I don't want to mess this up by jumping the gun.

Thanks

Bill

Hi,

This is my first time posting on this, hoping to get some advice as I get into restoring some antiques I bought recently. I have pics and can provide to anyone who would like to see them. I ballpark this piece to be mid-late 1800's.

Several things on this antique china cabinet need to be fixed, and with all the info I have seen I am more confused now then when I started as to how to best go about this.

1. There is a panel on the left side that has pulled out slightly, and is cracked about 6" form the top of the panel to a small window in it. The window has come out and it looks like the former owner tried to glue it in. I took it out as you could see the glue and it wasn't secure.

2. There is a piece of scrollwork that goes across the top that has been broken and obviously glued back together. Is there a way to hide this glue line?

3. THere is a piece missing from another piece of scrollwork that goes across the middle, basically its a piece about 2" long on the right side, has a matching piece on the left as well that is intact.

The pics make more sense out of all this and I can email them to anyone willing to point me in the right direction. I have access to almost any tool, and can purchase any supplies or additional items needed. I do have woodworking experience, basic. I have gone through more than a couple books but it just seems most advice is so general and I don't want to mess this up by jumping the gun.

Thanks

Bill

I'm sure a number of us would like to try and help. Why not post a few pics onto this forum then we can take a look see.

Pete