Time for Some Much Needed Shop Infrastructure

Askland09

I've found drawers with dividers a great efficient way to store a lot of items. I take it you work in there often with your dad? Making sure every thing has a spot that is easy to access and easy to put away has helped me a lot in my shop. I think it could have an even larger impact if I was sharing the space. My shop turns into a disaster zone like most but with most items having a set home that is easy to access it takes only a few minutes to put things away.

I'll be excited to see what else you come up with. I'm always open to new ideas for shop storage.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:06 AM, Chestnut said:

I take it you work in there often with your dad?

Oh yeah.  Almost every weekend I'm down in the shop and during the week he's typically in there messing about.  We're also in the process of building a permanent workbench that is 4' x 6' or 7' that will be essentially the anchor for the shop and where everything goes.  It's essentially going to be 4 or 5 cabinets with storage for all of the benchtop tools (spindle sander, jig saws, scroll saw, etc) and should have plenty of space for misc storage as well.  It will also function as the out feed table for the table saw.  Extremely excited to get that project done. 

• Like 2