videos resources

Hi all, maybe not totally woodworking but a little bit. I am from Chile and I like to consider myself an extreme DIY, the thing is I've learned woodworking by watching all the excelent material there is (wood whisperer, new yankee, woodworks, etc etc...), and I think that with all that info, and practice you could really get to build professional like pieces.

Now I changed to a house from a apartment, and I wanna build a small workshop, maybe expand a room and I allready know a lot about studs, framing etc etc, but I figured some more info wouldn't be bad and I wonder if there are some tv shows, or something explaining all this process.

Thanks!, love the forum!

Need to ask you some questions first. Do you have a plan? What do you want to build in there? What tools do you have now and what if any tools do you plan to acquire? Do you have room on the property to build outside the house? Basement? There are many other things to consider as well but I hope you get the idea. Electricity is a concern if you have large machines as well as dust collection. What you have or plan to have will kind of dictate what you need if you see what I mean.

not quite hahaha

this would be a long term project... just wanted to learn as much as posible. I don't even have big stationary power tools yet.

I been watching woodworking for years now, but it is really this year that I've been working with "real" wood and making more complex projects. Last 6 to 7 years I was just into making house furniture for family or friend and it was always melamine. That's why I am pretty newbie at finishing wood (currently finishing my cajon drum), but I haven't had any problem with my construction skills, as I had a lot of time invested on watching and praticing how to do stuff.

I figured I want to start learning the most I can as soons as possible, so ideas and actual work can be done in the near future.

I am from Chile, here there are no complex building codes to submmit to, but anyways I know a lot about electricity (I am an engeneer student) and about the woodworking, meaning framing I am pretty confident. But I want to know about making concrete floors, maybe some walls, as you may know, Chile is really promminent to earthquakes so I think maybe I should know about that. And I don't really know about drywalling, etc. I think that should be easy though

anyways, thats my premise, watch everything I can.