I think I am going to puke

harryangel69

Well i am going to Grizzly in the morning. Assuming I can get around all the flooding. Anybody who has been following my ramblings knows I have been struggling with my decisions. So here is my list.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/17-Bandsaw-2HP-w-Cast-Iron-Trunnion/G0513X2

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-3HP-220V-Cabinet-Table-Saw-with-Riving-Knife/G0690

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Router-Table-Attachment/T10222

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-2-HP-Bench-Top-Mortising-Machine/G0645

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Oscillating-Drill-Press/H0626

In case you are keeping track that puts my total at about $3200. Yea. I know.

Most of that is the table saw I said I wasn't going to buy. But I decided F it buy a saw while you have the money and the wife is not looking real close. I did save some money buying a used jointer, dust collector, and drum sander. So why not go big. Last table saw I will ever need. My Chetbase is going to need beefed up a bit. I have stressed myself out enough about a router table decision to just put it on the end of the saw. It is solid and serves a dual purpose. I can always upgrade later if I need. First two real projects I have lined up need mortise and tenons, so a mortiser is on the list. The drill press is really just a space saver. It doubles as an OSS. No need for it right away. I am already there so might as well pick it up.

So driving six hours one way is going to save me close to $500 shipping. Getting on the road by 6 with any luck I will be back tomorrow between 9 and 10. Just got to chew it back and spend the money.

<_<:unsure::o:(:):huh::angry::mellow:

I guess I have mixed emotions. :D

Excellent choices! You'll enjoy them! All my equipment, except my router table, is Grizzly. When I bought my tablesaw, they didn't have the router table attachment. Grizzly offers great products with greater service.

Which Grizzly store are you heading for? If it's in Missouri, you'll probably have problems with water over the roads. Have a safe trip.

Excellent choices! You'll enjoy them! All my equipment, except my router table, is Grizzly. When I bought my tablesaw, they didn't have the router table attachment. Grizzly offers great products with greater service.

Which Grizzly store are you heading for? If it's in Missouri, you'll probably have problems with water over the roads. Have a safe trip.

Headed for Springfield. Have everything mapped around the flood, but who knows what I will run into. Thanks for the thumbs up. I figured I would do this once and never again, and I know how much the raw materials are going up in the next five years. So it kind of a now or never.

I will wave on the way by. :) thanks.

Headed for Springfield. Have everything mapped around the flood, but who knows what I will run into. Thanks for the thumbs up. I figured I would do this once and never again, and I know how much the raw materials are going up in the next five years. So it kind of a now or never.

I will wave on the way by. :) thanks.

Hey Chad,

If you happen to read this before you head out - when you get to Grizzly, ask for Ed Straub. He's my go to guy when I'm buying equipment. He's an older man, super nice, and very knowledegable. Tell him Kent sent you to him.

Have a good trip.

Don't kill your back, Chet. Congrats on the purchases. I've bought over many years, but I've known this is what I want to study the rest of my life and if I had to start now from scratch, I'd always buy the best I could, as much as I could, when I could. Although I'm planning on starting a business,if I can make enough to afford this habit, I'll be happy!

Glad you made it back safely. See any standing water in your travels through Missouri? :o

Do you remember the guys name you dealt with in Springfield? They are a good bunch of guys. I'm anxious to see your photos.

I have lived on the ohio my entire life, so I am no stranger to flooding. That being said the water is higher than it has ever been in my life. My home town is freaking out. Spent most of the night sand bagging for/with friends. But that is for another forum.

Got the table saw together and I am shocked. This thing is well built, and right out of the box it is dead square. The slots to the blade. The fence to the slots. The fence to the blade. All a just a couple thousandths out. And the table is no more than about 5 thousandths out in any direction. Can't wait to cut something, but for now on to the bandsaw.

Did not take many pics. But

post-3648-0-29100900-1304470188_thumb.jp

Had to figure out how to hold a 75 pound piece of cast iron in one hand and put a screw in with the other. :huh: Or build a jig. ;)

post-3648-0-26581300-1304470213_thumb.jp

All things considered pretty straight forward. Mostly assembled. Spent more time unpacking and leveling with side wings.

post-3648-0-55491300-1304470238_thumb.jp

post-3648-0-98609300-1304470264_thumb.jp

Same thing here already put together. Just put the table and fence on and that's really it. Can't do any set up because it doesn't have a plug.

:angry:

You think I would have read that somewhere.

I feel like I should start a blog instead of junking up the forum hourly. :D

Another thing I noticed is that all of the holes had thread lube already in them, and most of the screws on the table saw were already in place. Just had to back them out and install the piece. No hunting for screws or putting in the wrong place and wondering where they went.

That's crazy, Chad...I just had the EXACT same saw delivered yesterday from the same warehouse. So our saws are kinda like brothers! Had I known you were coming this way I'd have had you drop mine off for me. :D (I'm in St. Louis)

I'm having the same experience as you. Seems well built, quality parts, pretty much dead on with very little tuning to do. I am missing the mounting bolts for the switch, and one of the nuts on the set screws for the fence adjusment was cross-threaded, but I called Grizzly today and they've already shipped the parts. Seems like good service! I'm not wired up with 220 yet anyway, so oh well, no biggie.

I see you haven't put your fence scale on yet...I'm trying to figure out if I want the pointer window on the left or right side of the fence...which are you doing? Think I'll stick this question in its own thread, actually.

That's crazy, Chad...I just had the EXACT same saw delivered yesterday from the same warehouse. So our saws are kinda like brothers! Had I known you were coming this way I'd have had you drop mine off for me. :D (I'm in St. Louis)

I'm having the same experience as you. Seems well built, quality parts, pretty much dead on with very little tuning to do. I am missing the mounting bolts for the switch, and one of the nuts on the set screws for the fence adjusment was cross-threaded, but I called Grizzly today and they've already shipped the parts. Seems like good service! I'm not wired up with 220 yet anyway, so oh well, no biggie.

I see you haven't put your fence scale on yet...I'm trying to figure out if I want the pointer window on the left or right side of the fence...which are you doing? Think I'll stick this question in its own thread, actually.

I thought I was missing those screws as well, but they were taped to the outside of the plastic the the switch was wrapped. Heard them hit the floor. Good thing Rollins had stopped screaming for a minute. Every saw I have ever used has had the window on the right. I never even considered putting it on the left, and it was already mounted on the right why would I move it. I have not put the scale on yet because I don't have any good cleaner for the oil and grease. Hopefully I will get it cleaned up and waxed tomorrow.

I thought I was missing those screws as well, but they were taped to the outside of the plastic the the switch was wrapped. Heard them hit the floor. Good thing Rollins had stopped screaming for a minute. Every saw I have ever used has had the window on the right. I never even considered putting it on the left, and it was already mounted on the right why would I move it. I have not put the scale on yet because I don't have any good cleaner for the oil and grease. Hopefully I will get it cleaned up and waxed tomorrow.

Oops...guess those screws might have gone in the garbage.

Finished the electrical today. Got the table saw cleaned, waxed, and powered up.

Started building a base. Two more interesting notes on the table saw. The under side of the tables are powder coated, and the riving knife snaps in and out like the Powermatic and Unisaws. All of the articles that I have read knocked Grizzly for tough knife to guard changes. It is literally a two second deal. Maybe they were listening.

• 2 months later...

I've had the same bandsaw for a year now, loving it ! Suprisingly that stock blade (although not very good) lasted me up until last month and I've been doing lots of resawing. I got a woodslicer, really nice blade and cheap.

Sweet looking tools... enjoy them.

If it makes you feel any better I recently jumped into the festool world. I spent about the same amount of money and ended up with a small stack of gray plastic boxes. Your purchases look a lot more impressive and definitely weigh a LOT more.

Mike