Fair asking price for an old, quality built, wood lathe?

bgthigfist

My father in law gave me some of his old shop tools before he passed away around 10 years ago. He didn't buy cheap stuff. While I use most of them from time to time, I have a Wood Lathe for making chair legs that I'm never going to use. I was thinking about trying to sell it, but have no idea of it's value. Maybe yall can help me out.

It's a Ludell Wood Lathe, model WL40. Made in 1985 for the Atlas Hardware Company in New York.

it has a 1/2 HP motor and can handle stock up to 1000mm in length.

The thing is heavy as hell. I tried googling for info, and found plenty of wood lathe selling sites, but no info on something this old.

Any idea what would be a fair asking price? The husband of one of my co-worker's might be interested in it, but I have no idea what to ask for it.

post-4642-0-71396900-1304434350_thumb.jp

post-4642-0-58840700-1304434385_thumb.jp

post-4642-0-60071300-1304434405_thumb.jp

Kinda weird it looks identical to the 40 inch general machine lathe I picked up cheap a while back same pulleys same square tube for the tool rest and tail I wonder if somewhere down the line the same company's made them both?