Yet Another Music Thread....

BuilderBill

So... Haven't posted much lately but work's gotten in the way(not to mention the "Life" thing)...

My latest spare-time project has been upgrading the car stereo. The old system was my standby ( to be buried with me) amp (McIntosh MCC404M) feeding Focal 165 KFs from a Pioneer P800 head unit. A couple of weeks ago my local car sound dealer had a "Tent Sale" that I was unlucky enough to stumble across... :blink: So the HU wound up upgraded to the new Pioneer Stage 4 unit at a price I couldn't refuse... :rolleyes: Nice improvement was the iPod input and control functions, I had been feeding the P800 analog from the iPod, giving the P99 the straight digital was a definite upgrade.

But the next day I cued up Pink Floyd's "Pulse" and slapped the midbass cones hard against the grilles on the intro to "Learning to Fly"".. :angry: "Not a Good Thing" I said to myself, so now I'm off looking for new speakers....

Wound up with a used set of Hertz HSK 165XLs, now I don't slap cones. But I notice I'm really starting to miss the really low bass... So it's off in search of a decent SQ woofer. Amazon is your friend, now I just have to build an enclosure and find an amp...

Is any of this starting to sound familiar to any of you? Substitute your fave tools for any of the above.......

Hi, my name's Bill and I'm an addict...... :D