Got some goodies for my Birthday...

JimB1

Well, just turned the big 40 today.

My wife had a party on Sat. for me and I got a few of the woodworking things I wanted along with some other non-woodworking stuff that I also wanted :)

My haul includes:

A Lie-Neilsen 15ppi dovetail saw (I keep taking it out just to look at it, it's a thing of beauty)

"The Workbench Book" by Scott Landis

and the DVDs "Making Mortise and Tenon Joints" and "Hand Tools: Tuning and Using Chisels, Planes and Saws" both by Frank Klausz

I guess that means I have to make some stuff now LOL. My wife says the first thing I need to do is clean up my workshop, I think she's right :P

All in all a good party with great friends. The loot is a bonus.

-Jim

Happy birthday! I turned 40 last month. I made it easy for my wife, I passed on the presents until I need that big one.

You can't clean up your workshop and make some projects at the same time. Unless, you make some good looking shop projects with your new tools!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Jim! Sounds like a nice score. I never get presents ON my birthday (June also), I have too much of a spending problem :-) I always tell my wife "my birthday is coming up...." - I figure any time after March is fair game!