Computer desk

AlanWilley

I am working on a computer desk for a customer at the moment. It is made in MDF with Pine drawer boxes and will be finished with AC Laquer.

DSCN2523.jpg

This is the drawer unit which will sit under one end of the top. Here is the drawer unit with the top in place.

DSCN2528.jpg

The far end of the desktop will be bracketed to the wall with a small filling cabinet under.

This unit is to match a dresser unit in the same room.

That is freaking enormous! How big is it?

One question, and this is more out of ignorance, is there a back to the drawer area or is it mounted against the wall? Does it want to rack at all?

Too bad you don't have photo of the thing it is supposed to match. My guess is that it probably looks great together because your profiles and details are very specific.

Nice work!

Yes it is quite big as it is 8' long. You are correct it will be mounted up against a wall hence there being no back on the drawer unit. Below the desk top it is braced with hardwood and it will be batened to the wall at the rear and end. I shall upload a pic of the unit it is to match so you can see what I am trying to acheive with this.

Here is a pic of the unit that is already in the room.

Grahamdresserunit.jpg

This unit was made in spain apparently and I had a job to match the handles but managed to get some that are pretty close to the originals.