Miter saw

DennisL

Gift cards were good to me this year, so I have some money that is free for tools. I was looking at this miter saw, and the free stand is a nice bonus. I can find other mounting options so I am really only wondering if there is a better saw for the money.

http://www.homedepot...catalogId=10053

Personal experience and technical considerations are both welcome. I'm just wanting the most bang for my buck.

Thanks,

Dennis

I have the Makita 12" sliding compound and it is a champ. The only complaint is that the safety switch has begin to stick after about 2 years of use. I blame my poor dust collection (which I'm fixing after the holidays). If you have the space, its great. I have a small shop and wish I knew about the Bosch model (here: http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-GCM12SD-120-Volt-12-Inch-Glide/dp/B004323NNC) before I bought mine. It has a folding arm that reduces the space its needs in the back. Nonetheless, when I was doing the research between the Makita and Dewalt, the reviews for the Makita were slightly better...but I have no complaints with my other Dewalt tools.

I could second Godet's post. I have the Makita and It's a great saw but I'm killing myself for not getting the Bosch glider. A neighbor has it and it's so compact and smooth and accurate and compared to the Kapex its a bargain.

All that being said the Dewalt with the stand is a very good deal. I have the same stand branded under Delta and I really like it. The only negative is when the roller supports are fully extended there is a slight deflection. It's not that much of a problem because i rarely extend them to the max.