Beginning Wood Worker - Spray Stations?

RobMorgan

I did my kitchen cabinets with my Earlex 5000- it sprayed (thinned with flowterol (sp) ) just fine - I made a "spray booth" by using a big piece of plastic and stapling it onto the ceiling in my garage like a shower curtain. I then hooked up a portable AC and fan and went to town.... worked like a charm.

Lawrence

DSCF0259640x480.jpg

DSCF0277640x480.jpg

DSCF0256640x480.jpg

I got to say - these look nicely done! And I like the idea of the plastic / spray corner set up. Definitely something I will have to do in my garage! Thanks so much for showing the pics!

Graco and Apollo sprayers. UGGGGGG!!! So now, on a new quest - anyone have any experiences with either of these and how they may compare to the Earlex ones?

I have the Apollo 1050. It doesnt really compare to the earlex. All of the Apollo sprayers are not really comparable to the earlex. I can run two guns at the same time with conversion varnish. Well my helper and I can, im not that coordinated. The difference your going to find is much more cfm and more versatile guns. The ability to use gravity cups is a big plus, real air flow adjustment is great for waterbased finished and fan control are what the Earlex are missing.

Don

• Like 1

Thanks Don! I was going to say - talented to run two guns at the same time :)

To everyone - after all my checking and comparing and re-checking and re-comparing I finally decided.... with a bit of help from my wife who finally got tired of all my comparing..... that I will get the Earlex 5500. Hopefully sometime this week. Excited and a bit nervous but looking forward to what I can do with it.

Seriously thanks to EVERYONE who replied to my questions and made suggestions. I learned so much!!!!

LOL - Nice clip! Two guns... no problem :) Now question is can you spray with two guns riding a horse.....

For everyone, I know I about drove you all crazy asking questions. But if anyone is looking to buy a sprayer, I can highly recommend the Earlex HVLP 5500. I did a lot of (and I mean ALOT) research and comparing as you all could probably figure out and finally bought one this past week. I am still getting used to spraying (adjusting the flow) on scrap boards but I love it! Two thumbs up from my end!

• 2 weeks later...