clamping table sugestions?

duckkisser

im planing on building a simple clamping table so we can make panels for making our boards wider with joints. i was thinking something along this......

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=clamping+table&view=detail&id=9770EFBC6D0D7A9F5B3A3E7C6D77B3FA452EE647&first=0&qpvt=clamping+table&FORM=IDFRIR

but i would like to also be able to keep the boards flat and not bow on me from clamping presure or warping. and i also want to be able to clamp from a couple of different directions like this.............

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=panel+clamping+table&view=detail&id=2359A7F2942A76A7B36DC525988F24E4C2DB758B&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

if you have a example or a sugestion of a better way to clamp then the american wood worker example i would be apreciative.

well space is not a issue we have a 3000 square foot shop so i can dedicate a area for big clamp ups. if it was just me in my garage ya i would not bother but trying to think of easy and fast way for the kids to clamp up projects with little fuss. plus we have the bar clamps since they are much cheaper then the bessey clamps cant see going out and geting the clamps we should have when we have several other iteams we need right now.

interesting i was thinking of taking some thumb screws and attaching to either end of a board and just screwing it on tight to sandwich the boards flat. let me know how well it works woodnoob. and let me know how easy it is to set up and how fast when i have 5 kids doing their own thing speed can be a very important thing.

i have two tables that were paint table's but i am thinking of converting one into a clamping table but dont know what to do with the other one. i thought of building a wood bending table that way we could steam and bend boxes as a project. we would have shapes to clamp bending wood too. if you have some kind of idea of what i can convert the second table into let me know.