Hello from Flagstaff AZ

Synon

Hello all!

So maybe it's just in my blood, but my dad was a carpenter for 30 years, mostly doing remodeling type work. As a kid I was never very interested beyond nailing a couple pieces of wood together and calling it a "sculpture", though my dad did give me the basics on how to operate his tools. I work with computers now but buying a house 10 months ago has sparked my interested in really working with my hands and creating some nice pieces for our new house, along with doing some remodeling.

I've manage to acquire a small collection of basic tools over the last few years. A couple power tools given to me from my dad (circular saw, jointer) that need to be restored (our garage burned down 10 years ago, these still work but need to be cleaned up and have cords replaced). My wifes grandfather also passed away about a year ago and we acquired some of his tools (small bandsaw, a newer but cheaper circular saw, clamps, jigsaw, router, hand planers, vice, various other hand tools). I'd definitely like to have a tablesaw and mitersaw, but I figure I can work with what I've got for now and visit some friends when I need access to those tools. Our garage unfortunately was built in a way that will make an automatic garage door impossible, so parking the car in the garage is too much of a pain to consider... on the flip side that means it's a designated man cave. =)

I've got lots projects in mind from small to big. Everything from coffee tables to a shed and greenhouse, hopefully I can share my own experiences and get advice from others.