Spend my money

dwacker

We have an SCMI slider in the shop can cut up a hole kitchen in a few hours. The other big time saver would be a castle face frame assembly table with the pneumatic clamps.

Thanks I spent quite abit of time this morning with the stop watch. Pretty much figured out that that slider will not save me any productivity costs. Seems material handling is where I really drop the ball. Alot is just because the shop is so small but alot is just retracing the same steps and not being organized between operations. Sheet good rips go real easy and probably easier than a slider since I never have to actually pick up a full sheet. I back my cube up to the door. From there I just grab the sheet by the corner and lay the end on the saw, a one handed operation. Walk back grab the other corner that is still in the cube and start sliding. Im cutting a 40 fpm so saw time is minimal. My issues come after the wood passes the blade. Even the shaper operation go the same way. Material is not close enough to the machine. The machine cuts faster than I can feed and stack. But I think even if I got the material in the right spot the machine will still outpace my ability to feed and stack. Im going to head out to my old stomping ground and get some info on self sustaining height material carts.

I like the Idea of a face frame table but dont have the room. My little bro designed one that folds down from the ceiling with linear actuators and that may be something I may look at having fabricated.

Don

If you have no festool tools in your shop, start there and you will blow thru the 11k real quick with no regrets. I have about 4 or 5k tied up in their products and there is still a lot of items i would like to get. Bottom line if they sell it it is the best of that kind, in my opinion at least

• Like 1