Progress this weekend

I finished all the mortises and tenons in the base, next would be the leg vise, but I want to use a special piece of wood for that, but I haven't found one yet. So, I went back to my front slab and finished the tail vise. I was procrastinating a bit with that part, because I had my end cap problems and while I believe I had fixed the problems, I wasn't 100% sure. Well, I shouldn't have been doubting myself - everything fit perfectly. The vise works great!

Having that all done, I wanted to have a few bench dogs. I created the first one and then a "dog breeder" to crank out 11 more. After I was done and had all the springs attached, I looked at the plan again and realized that for whatever reason I made them 2 inch too long. lol. They actually work fine, but I probably will shorten them anyway. It's easy to do :)

Anyway, I'm quite happy with the progress and I hope to find an excellent piece of wood for my leg vise soon, so that I can push on next weekend.

post-5794-0-75593200-1331516946_thumb.jp

Happy woodworking,

--bjorn

Looks great, Bjorn! I wouldn't worry about shortening your dogs. Most of the pics I see are quite longer than the ones I made. Investigate before you do any surgery.

I would only change them, if they create a problem. Right now I actually like them. Just to make sure I know what I'm missing I shortened one. And besides being shorter I see no difference.

I would only change them, if they create a problem. Right now I actually like them. Just to make sure I know what I'm missing I shortened one. And besides being shorter I see no difference.

I made mine shorter and wish I'd gone about another inch long. Oh well. At some point, I'll batch out another 19 of them.