Just an update for those that care

cowchaser

Still in the hospital and have had several more tests done that all came back negative. Tomorrow they are going to look at the arteries in my stomach since I do have a history of brain aneurysms. If it all looks good then they are going to start me on the medicine for Crohns Disease. I am at the point I'm ready for it to be anything. Been in here 8 days or so now with no relief from sickness. Total of 14 days in the hospital in the last month and a half and 2 surgeries. Haven't worked in a couple of months and just bought a new house and got transferred the same week all this started. Things are starting to stack up on us and wife is starting to get depresssed along with me. Kids are down and don't understand why daddy can't come home from the hospital. I have pretty much withdrawn from and conversation about what could be wrong with anyone other than the doctors. Almost feel like people at this point don't believe me anymore. Hey, but a few good things have come from it. I have stopped smoking for over a week now and since the beginning of getting sick have lost 23 pounds. Granted I only weighed 197 to start with and am 6 ft. tall. Wife did let me join the guild since I have nothing to do all day, but read. Anyway I'll leave you all alone since I am sure you have better things to do.

Hey man, I hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm sure the kids will be pumped when dad gets to come home. Did you ever have any luck finding that Starret square?

I did find it, but haven't ordered it. Just need to see where everything falls by the time I get out of here. That and the wife won't let my order anything since this is an usecured network at the hospital.

Sounds like she's on the ball. Glad you found the correct one.

Starrett square or wife?! :) Sounds like he had both!

Don't let it get you down (easier said, I know). If you get board (sic) with watching podcasts, watch Marc live. I heard a crazy audio thing come over my laptop in the corner about revisions to the dictionary. Couldn't figure out where it came from. Finally saw that Marc added the live feed to the TWW homepage so it kicked in automagically. Plenty of other shopcams on the live page. Watch Sac all giddy with his new bench...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Man I don't know you but, I know how it is, I spent ten months without moving at all more than twenty years ago now, Believe me it does end. Some how you have to keep thinking of all the things you're definitely going to do when you get out. Please keep your chin up and when ever its possible no matter the pain, make someone including yourself LAUGH!!!!

All the very best Pete

I am really sorry you are going through this, six months from now it will be a distant memory, stay engaged and great opportunity to learn sketchup. unless you are good at it already.

That is a good point on sketchup you could maybe design a couple of projects just to take your mind off things even if they are just imaginary! I do this sometimes when life gets too much and it helps me refocus (like when I have a 1200 word english essay! :angry: ).

Plus you lucky person you got a guild membership! I want one! :lol:

Hope you get well soon.