wire burning on face

duckkisser

how about using a saw on lathe while its running seen people use hack saws to cut the wood while its turning. is there a trick to it like my calipurs i had to grind down the points on my tools. would i need to change the teeth or use a certain type of blade?

• 2 weeks later...

ok i finaly got some formica i realy like it i have better control then a piece of wire. can use the formica on more surfaces then the wire. i can do shading with the formica went from realy dark to realy light burning, formica samples from box store are free (second favorite), they are safer then wire since i dont have to wrap wire around the wood on the lathe to burn a line so its much safer.( favorite) Marc if you read this maybe in the upcoming 2012 safety week?

no it basicly looks like a normal burn line this is how you do it and what it looks like. but just imagine the line on the top of the lid rather then on the sides. you just have better control over the amount of friction that is on the wood. using formica

http://www.bing.com/...t=0&FORM=IDFRIR

http://www.bing.com/...t=0&FORM=IDFRIR