Add Reply button instead of Post?

Lawrence Brown

So how many times have you done this when wanting to post a reply to something?:

• Scrolled down to the bottom of the thread and clicked in the Fast Reply box.
  • Typed up your excrutiatingly well-thought out pulitzer prize winning post.
  • Clicked the Add Reply button that's connected to the PREVIOUS post just visible above the reply box instead of the Post button that isn't visible off the bottom of your screen.
  • Watched as your wonderful response disappears into the ether, never to be witnessed by human eyes again.

Just wondering. Not likes it's ever happened to me... :unsure:

Well, I just tried it. I'm on Windows with FireFox 3.6.8 (this is the version that leaks memory; oh wait, they all do).

I typed something so amazing, I cried a tear. I hit Add Reply and cursed like a sailor from the wrong side of the train tracks. I clicked the "Go Back" arrow and there I was, looking at my fast reply still intact. But I deleted the good stuff so nobody else would cry a tear.

I'm at work (shh! don't tell anyone! Long compile times equal lots of forum time.), and they have Internet explorer installed on everything here, so I don't want to mess with it. Now that you mention it, I use my Macbook at home, so I've probably never noticed it there.

Luckily, I've gotten into the habit of using a regular text editor when I compose longer works and then copy>paste. Just wanted to share the pain :)

Maybe your work is using a VPN with certain out going packet protocols based on the server it sees. I know my wife cannot shop from her work computer on line, although she can see everything, the way the VPN is managed she cannot send things to certain websites. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...