Turning a lamp shade

Onboard

Posted on Fine Woodworking’s The Editors Mailbox today. A video on turning a lamp shade. About 3 minutes long. He uses the hook tool that Hybrid-woodworker indentified for me yesterday in my other post. Well, this is the second video I’ve posted in this sub-forum in two days, so I will refrain from doing so after this post. I really want to get into turning, but until I do I’ll steer clear of this forum in the interim. Oh, can anyone tell me what kind of lathe this guy is using? Thanks.

http://youtu.be/LgsDWb0orSQ

ya thats realy cool video i have seen it before.....it looks like he built the lathe himself. at least thats my guess. i havent found too much in the way about outboard lathes (does not have a bed thats between centers like most lathes) There is a few outboard large turning machines out there but there is not a huge market for those machines so you more likely to find midi machines or full time turners that use something like a oneway lathe. I have a fealing that you will enjoy turning once you get into it keep an eye on cregs list because im shure you will find a good deal that you should jump on when it comes up. and dont leave the turning forum because it make you want the tools and the exp any sooner. just use them to learn from so that when you do get into turning you have a few idea's, inspiration, and enough knowledge to get you into trouble.