Big Router Wanted

JoshC1501

Looking for a Plunge router.  3 1/4 HP preferred but might consider less.  

Got my new table saw with a router wing several months back, and still have not used it.  It will be a great and useful addition to my shop!

==>Plunge router....router table

?

It is a wing in my Grizzly tablesaw and it doesn't have a lift, thought the plunge action might make it easier to adjust, but a fixed base would probably work as well.  

Thanks for the recommendations guys, but was kind of hoping to find someone with a used one they wanted to sell.

==>It is a wing in my Grizzly tablesaw and it doesn't have a lift

I get it...

I'll give one piece of advice... Well two :)

I'm sure you've heard it before and it'll cost you a few bob... But I'll add my voice to that of others... Get the PC 7518 motor-only option ($149?) and a Woodpecker PRL lift ($300?)... You will be so much happier that the $200 or so incremental will be worth it - I promise...

About once a year, PC has a factory referb program and you can get the 7518 motor for less than $99... It will also future-proof your move to a dedicated router table (second piece of advice)... You will move to a dedicated router table at some point -- I know many a woodworker who started-out on the TS wing, but it drove them crazy after a year or two and they switched... If you only occasionally use the router, then that's one thing -- go ahead and keep it in the TS. But I've found that once folks got a decent setup, they started to use the router more and more and the TS-wing mounting got more and more annoying... YMMV.

• Like 1

Nice point.  I had planned to build a larger router table with cabinet system, but after considering the shapers they may be a better option.  Specifically for the ease of use, height adjustment, and cast iron top.  Decent used ones seem to be available on craigslist for 250-400$

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    walo47
    Newest Member
    walo47