aromatic cedar

trz

I've just lined a closet with some tongue and groove cedar from Lowes . Packaged in four ft. lengths , very pretty pink color. Now I would like to trim the corners out but can't find any long lengths of that pretty pink colored cedar that I can mill to use as trim. Any suggestions??

I assume you're running the cedar horizontally in your closet. I did one of these a few years ago in a huge walk-in in one of the wings of a mansion. We did not use corner post material. If I remember correctly, we ran butt ends around the corner, but hid the but ends to either the back or less noticeable side of the outside corner. I'm not a fan of corner trim, it usually screams "I'm covering something up here". 

• Like 1

I would go to lowes and check the decking section for 5/4 wrc planks. Youre not going to get an absolute match, but go for the reddest/pinkest boards you can find. Take the thickness down to your liking, probably between 1/2 and 3/4". You can get these planks in lengths up to 16', so you wont have to splice and joints.

Lately, I have found better looking WRC in the fencing material at Lowes, rather than the stuff they sell alongside th oak and poplar. Although it is about 1/2" rather than 3/4", it is much less knotty. Fresh off the tree, though. Smells good, but don't stack it in the sun or it will turn into a pile of spaghetti...