delta 22-560 planer hood

Brendon_t

If anybody has a hood for the 22-560 they could part with, please let me know. I'd like to buy it. It's unavailable everywhere and I had it backorder on amazon for 6 months. Well just got a refund because they said they week not be receiving any more. Ever. I've looked all over online and everywhere had it obsolete or discontinued. Thanks

I too have that planer & had just about given up on getting a hood for it. But the local dealer was able to find one & it only took 6 months to get it & I considered myself lucky to get it at all.  That was a few years ago when the machine was still being manufactured.  I will likely never buy another Delta product & can't understand why anyone would even consider one.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help you but I just had to vent.

If anybody has a hood for the 22-560 they could part with, please let me know. I'd like to buy it. It's unavailable everywhere and I had it backorder on amazon for 6 months. Well just got a refund because they said they week not be receiving any more. Ever. I've looked all over online and everywhere had it obsolete or discontinued. Thanks

Hey Brendon. I have one of these lunchbox planers, or at least one of its brothers... I keep trying to kill the dang thing and it just won't die. :D

Anyway, I ran into the same situation that you did. I picked up a heat register boot, some aluminum foil tape and grabbed my tin snips. It's not pretty, but it collects chips like nobody's business. :) Obviously, the original cover will need to be removed. You need to be sure that you make the replacement so that it holds the safety switch securely when fastened down with the thumb screws.

Here is the boot I'm talking about.

Galvanized_EndBoot_large_zpsx3z0eg2n.jpg

I'll take pictures of mine when I get home. You will have a good laugh.

• Like 1

Gary I'm very interested in seeing it.

I have no doubt I could rig together a little box looking thing at the rear that would work but I would like something meant for decent air flow. That register looks high speed, low drag. Just may do the trick

Vent away. I personally have nothing against delta. I own 3 delta machines and each do what I ask of them. They don't hit a home run every time I flip their switch but for the price i paid on the used markets, my expectations were satisfied.

Didn't mean to say the tools were no good; the planer is a great machine & I love it. It's way the company keeps jerking customers around with their lack of after sale service.

Hey, I'm sorry about the delay on the picture. I have not had the chance to go take a proper shot. I've looked through a bunch of other photos on my computer and naturally I don't have any really clear shots of this fabulous contraption. Anyway, here is the best one that I can find at the moment. I'll take some better shots in the next day or so.

I just adapted the boot and added a reducer to the end. The real physical connection is accomplished with the normal thumbscrews on top of the boot. The bottom edge is just a close fit and the whole thing more or less flexes or hinges a bit as the stock exits the planer. Still, the chip collection is nothing short of great... honestly, it's a miracle. The dust collection hose is not connected in this photo. (obviously)

604_zpsc3ghi8b0.jpg

Pretty, isn't it? :D