Figured Wood ID

wnaziri

I was going through my stash of lumber and found two boards that were mixed with maple that felt different.  These two boards seemed heavier than the rest so I was intrigued.  

Put the boards through the planer and saw something I did not recognize.  I would like to know what you all think this wood is.  

1.thumb.jpg.fb048f6adca908c700b89a19795a2.thumb.jpg.1694910cbcec09cee9c603edbdb43.thumb.jpg.95778127761d1870b5544aef4fdd4.thumb.jpg.bf5a140d921a5b35de31fc92e82f

I placed a piece of figured maple to show the differences.  The mystery wood is much more yellow.  The stripes are wider and not as tightly packed as maple.

5.thumb.jpg.f11bbaa67603dc0c96dd6419d3be

Thanks for your help.

By the way, I am thinking of make a tool chest from the two boards and I would like to know what wood I am using.

Edited by wnaziri

Thanks.  I just looked at a bunch of picture of anigre and I believe your assessments are spot on!  

Unbeknownst to me, I have had Tiger Fiddleback Anigre in my possession!

Now that I know what it is, I should go through my lumber pile to see if I have any more.  I have never worked with anigre.  It seems rather pretty with lots of figure.  I should probable think of a nice project that features this wood.  It may be too good for a tool chest that will get beat up.