Fathers Day sales?

jplemons

I think I'm giving up my no-jointer policy. I figure I'll make room for it somewhere. With that, I have my eye on 6" Jet. Please no advice to get an 8" instead. I don't have 220 and don't have the funds for a sub panel. I just want to know if Jet/Powermatic has regular Father's Day sales. I know I missed the previous 15% off but am hopping for a similar sale. Thanks. 

Our local Woodcraft is having some sort of parking lot sale and one of those "everything you can fit in a basket is 15% off" memorial day sales.  The jointer might be a tight fit in one of their handheld baskets, but where there's a will, there's a way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

Our local Woodcraft is having some sort of parking lot sale and one of those "everything you can fit in a basket is 15% off" memorial day sales.  The jointer might be a tight fit in one of their handheld baskets, but where there's a will, there's a way.

How many trips can you make to the register? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Powermatic and Jet (like Festool) have minimum pricing rules, so they're always the same price everywhere, so CPO is the same price as everyone else, despite the sketchy practice of saying things are 15% off.  The periodic sales are dictated to ALL dealers from PM/Jet, and apply to all dealers including Amazon simultaneously.

I mention Amazon because their historic prices are readily traceable using various online tools.  Based on Amazon's historical pricing data, the last "REAL" 15% off sales for Jet and Powermatic were in offered in:

November 2013,
November 2014,
December 2014,
March 2015,
November 2015,
March 2016.

Based on this data, it would appear that November (e.g. black friday) is your next chance. 

Years ago, I purchased Powermatic equipment during a 4th of July sale, saving 15%, but it would appear that's no longer a regular promotion.  That sucks for me because I'm ready to purchase.

• Like 1

You're right. 

I didn't believe it was legit because of CPO's normal "deals" they advertise.  As a test, I put a $799 item in the cart, and proceeded to checkout.  it actually adjusted the price down to $749, so roughly a 6.7% discount in my case (vs. 15%)

Good find Joseph!