Computer desk

AlanWilley

I have now finshed this computer desk and am ready to fit it along with two bathroom cabinets I have made.

DSCN2544.jpg

It is all made from MRMDF apart from the drawers which are Pine with a light oak stain and the cable plugs in the desktop. It is all finished in a 2K AC lacquer.

The handles look nice in place now too.

DSCN2545.jpg

I made the drawers in Pine and gave them a Light Oak stain to match the cable plugs.

DSCN2547.jpg

And this is the unit they were made to match:

Grahamdresserunit.jpg

I think the customer will be happy with it, at least I hope so as I have three Oak units to make for him next. :D

Nice job, I like the base molding and feet (as well as the rest of it of course). I am sure the customer will be pleased. (I am also with duckkisser on the painted furniture but everyone has different tastes) What was your favorite part and is there anything you learned or pushed your boundries on during the project?

Nate

Thanks guys. Yes Nate I do like to see real wood rather than something painted but the customer pays the bills of course. I di really enjoy making the drawer unit with all the detailing. As for something I learned and pushed my boundries with? I guess it would have to be the plinth, This is the first one I have built with the small 'feet' on the bottom. I also learned that with a few router cutters ans some sandpaper you can make almost any shape moulding. I didn't quite have the correct cove cutter for the moulding around the edge of the desk top so I used the closest one I had and then 're-shaped' it slightly with sandpaper and a sanding drum to get the profile as close as I could to the original. I like the feeling when you have accomplished something like that and it pays off. :D

• 1 month later...